One glance at this disturbed person’s social media should have raised red flags for the police.
UPDATE 4: Many news outlets are now saying that the shootings that happened yesterday at a Rhode Island high school hockey game were aimed at specific people and were not random attacks.
The police have confirmed that a man named Robert Dorgan shot his ex-wife and another person who is thought to be his child before he took his own life. They believe that there was never any danger to the public.

“It looks like this was a planned incident, possibly related to family issues,” Pawtucket Police Chief Tina Goncalves told reporters yesterday.
Dorgan was also known as Roberta Esposito and was reportedly going through gender transition while dealing with mental health problems at the time of the murder-suicide.
Robert Dorgan
Video from Lynch Arena in Pawtucket when the shooting occurred. You cannot see anything – the noise is unmistakeable – but the reaction and chaos that follows the follows tells the story. pic.twitter.com/AYAdA2jEDE
— Eric Rueb (@EricRueb) February 16, 2026
Dorgan and his spouse divorced in 2021 after being married for 19 years, with his ex-wife stating that “gender reassignment surgery and traits of narcissistic and personality disorders” were the reasons she wanted the divorce.
Amanda Wallace-Hubbard, Dorgan’s adult daughter, said in a media interview that her father, who identified as a woman, was a very troubled person.
“I just want to make it clear that this was one person’s grudge against their family,” Wallace-Hubbard explained to Rhode Island’s 12 News during a phone call on Tuesday.
“We were specifically targeted,” she mentioned. “This was not random at all.”
A statement from the Boston Bruins: pic.twitter.com/7orJgA3myz
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) February 16, 2026
A simple check of Dorgan’s social media shows that he was very disturbed. Just a day before his violent attack, he was threatening to go “crazy” on people while complaining about anti-trans hate and sharing his pro-Nazi beliefs by responding to or reposting other extreme content.
The day before the tragic events at the ice rink, Dorgan used an Asian slur while replying to a video that praised Adolf Hitler, saying: “Really nice but a ch–k made that song. ”
In other comments, he often talked about “white power” and “white pride worldwide. ”
He even retweeted videos of people doing the “Sieg Heil” Nazi salute.
Pictures have emerged showing Dorgan’s prominent Nazi tattoo with the SS logo and the well-known Death’s Head logo.
Investigators are still trying to find out why this happened, but the shooting took place after many years of arguments in court over the person’s identity.
Check out the information we shared earlier on this ongoing situation, released as things developed.
UPDATE 3: The Boston Bruins have shared their thoughts after the sad event at a high school hockey game in Pawtucket, Rhode Island today.
The Bruins are the closest hockey team to Rhode Island and they have their minor league team nearby in Providence, Rhode Island.
UPDATE 2: We now have shocking video from the moment a gunman started shooting at a high school hockey game in Pawtucket, Rhode Island today.
While the video doesn’t show anything too graphic, you can see the chaos and fear that erupted right after the gunshots.
Watch it below, but be careful if you do:
Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone impacted by this pointless tragedy. Check below for our earlier updates on this ongoing situation.
UPDATE: Authorities are now confirming that two people died and three others were hurt in a shooting at an arena in Pawtucket, Rhode Island today.
Here is an update from ABC News:
Two people died and several others were wounded in what seems to be a targeted shooting at an ice rink in Rhode Island on Monday, according to the officials.
The shots were fired around 2:30 p.m. at the Dennis M. Lynch Arena in Pawtucket, which is about 5 miles away from Providence, as reported by Pawtucket Police Chief Tina Goncalves.
In addition to the two people who died, three others who were shot are in critical condition and are now in the hospital, the police said.
It looks like the shooting was aimed at someone specific and may have been related to a family issue, the chief explained.
The suspect is dead, likely from a self-inflicted gunshot, according to the police. The FBI has stated that there is “no immediate danger to the public. ”
The FBI is on the scene and will assist state and local law enforcement with whatever resources they need, as stated by FBI Director Kash Patel.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This is an updated version of our earlier story about the active shooter during a high school hockey game in Rhode Island. Check below for our previous article, published as events unfolded and as information became available.
According to various reports online, a shooter at a high school boys hockey game in Lynch Arena, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, has killed one person and hurt four others.
The reports say that the gunfire came from the stands behind the players of Blackstone Valley School, and police and emergency medical teams quickly arrived at the arena to manage the situation.
Officials have not revealed who the shooter or victims are, and there are no detailed updates available. As reported by ABC News, the shooter ended their own life at the scene.
ABC News also mentioned that a young girl lost her life during this event, and while the details about the injuries of the others are unclear, it’s thought that four people were taken to the hospital.
Providence Police shared on social media that they were keeping an eye on what was happening in Pawtucket and that officers were still at the location helping out as of 3:44 p.m. local time. They also mentioned that more updates would be provided as they had them.
Some videos on social media show how first responders reacted:
Blackstone Valley High School has issued a statement about what’s happening.
“We know there has been a serious incident at Lynch Arena in Pawtucket, where our Boys Hockey team was having a game,” the statement said. “Information is still coming in, and we are working closely with the event staff and local authorities to understand what is going on.”
“We’ve been told that many students are safe in different locations. Right now, we are still trying to verify the status and whereabouts of everyone,” the statement added. “Our main concern is the safety of our students and staff, and we are doing our best to collect accurate information quickly. “
Leave a Reply